Browse Items (31 total)

  • Tags: Boulevard East

Schmidt mansion front.jpg
Black and white postcard of 6th Street (today's 50th Street) looking west. At right is what was the country home of Henry G. Schmidt or "Champagne Schmidt" as he was called. Schmidt was a wine merchant and importer of the first Veuve Cliquot…

pc Boulevard East loop towards Meister house.jpg
Colored postcard of Boulevard East loop, looking north towards the Meister mansion and Karl Bitter studio on the east side of Boulevard East. Postcard mailed from Weehawken and dated November 18, 1912. Postcard published by the Union News Company,…

Blvd E looking south 1926-CS.jpg
Black and white 1926 photograph of Boulevard East, looking south. The Meister house is seen on the east side of the Boulevard. The image was taken by Charles Schneider.

Hamilton Plaza.jpg
Black and white photograph of newly designed and built Hamilton Park, circa 1930. Standing at top of steps at left are Mayor Emil Grauert (at right holding cigar) and Township Clerk Leo Carroll.

Black and white photograph dated 1916 showing sculptor Karl Bitter's home and studio perched atop the Palisades at the site of today's Hamilton Plaza. The Grauert stairs (built in 1915) lead from Boulevard east down to the West Shore Ferry Terminal.…

This photograph from the collection of the Weehawken Historical Commission is labeled as follows: Building Boulevard Loop Cut to Lower Weehawken Boulevard and below Highwood Terrace 1896 Edw. T. Kirk Collection

Colored photo postcard view looking north to Boulevard East from Hamilton Avenue. At right is the Meister mansion, on the left houses along the west side of the Boulevard. Postmarked August 4, 1916 from New York NY. Charles A. Daly, Union Hill, NJ.…

Black and white photograph of Pier K and its distinctive water tower, taken from Hamilton Avenue, The pier, part of the NYCRR system was located between the banana pier and Union Dry Dock, servicing trains, trucks, barges, ships. It burned in a fire…

Undated photo of GP's Rib 'N Grill, located at Pershing Road and Boulevard East (today's Charrito's Restaurant). Built in 1895, but frequently remodeled, it has also been called Van Clief's Hotel, Farley's Hotel, Silver Fox, among other names. From…

Black and white photo, circa 1939, taken from 47th Street looking towards the Hudson and the road to the ferry. Note the 42nd Street Ferry sign and Pier #7 grain elevator in West New York at left. From the collection of the Weehawken Historical…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2