Browse Items (155 total)

  • Tags: Business

20060015a.jpg
Advertisement for the "closing out sale" of "101 choice lots in Highwood Park adjoining Eldorado Station, Weehawken Heights, N.J." The sale was to be held on Sunday, June 15th, 1895 at the site and was conducted by James L. Wells, auctioneer of 59…

20060012c1.jpg
This appears to be a label or advertisement from L. (Louis) Linnewerth's Steam Brewery. According to the information filed with this item in the collection of the Weehawken Historical Commission, the item dates from the early 1880s. The brewery was…

99010a.jpg
Clipping from an unidentified newspaper (probably the Hudson Observer) stamped March 21, 1947 and describing the demolition of 1 Hackensack Avenue in The Shades. This building was Weehawken's first Police HQ and Jail in 1870. The article provides a…

88361c1.jpg
Advertisement from the Weehawken Centennial Souvenir Journal. United Fruit Company congratulates Weehawken on its 100th anniversary. The banana building and pier, with its low, flat profile remained a landmark on the Weehawken waterfront for more…

88358c1.jpg
Advertisement from the Weehawken Zenith Yearbook in 1931 for Bunton's Canndy Shop at 99 Liberty Place. In the 1950s, the store became Van's Ice Cream Parlor and Luncheonette, still selling candy and Horton'e Ice Cream. From the collection of the…

Tags:

88357c1.jpg
Black and white photo of Jacobsen's Power Motors. This business was located on the current site of a small park, next to Calhoun Hall. You can see a bit of the berm to the reservoir which was replaced by the Pathmark, now Acme parking lot to the…

88356c1.jpg
Undated photo of GP's Rib 'N Grill, located at Pershing Road and Boulevard East (today's Charrito's Restaurant). Built in 1895, but frequently remodeled, it has also been called Van Clief's Hotel, Farley's Hotel, Silver Fox, among other names. From…

88342c1.jpg
Black and white undated photo looking north across the waterfront, railroads and ferry terminal towards the Pier 7 Grain Elevator in West New York. The elevator, built in 1905 for the West Shore line of the NYCRR, had a capacity of 2 million bushels…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2